Sunday, October 7, 2012

Running amok in the land of Touchy-Feely

I tried Facebook. I gave it up. I got tired of game updates, news flashes about where someone was eating, drinking, shopping; what they were shopping for, buying, or had just received via UPS or Fedex; where their pet had pooped or peed; etc., etc., etc. I'm sorry if I've offended anyone. I'm just reporting my (bad) experience.

I do feel sorry for all the money a lot of folks lost when they invested in Facebook. I do hope the faithful/loyal Facebookers figure out a way to keep the thing alive and profitable so the share value goes up and investments are salvaged.

This though, to me, is an example of a really dumb idea and I question it's future. Feeling blue? Wondering if anyone "likes" you? Want to get a long-distance hug? Well, take a big old sigh of relief. A young lady scientist from MIT has invented something to alleviate your angst. And probably separate you from a bunch of your bucks. (I can't find the price tag.)


If you'd care to learn more, there's a video on the linked page.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice! Libelous, derogatory and inflammatory comments will be deleted and the poster will be banned. And keep in mind the possibility your language may be offensive to tender ears. We try to keep things "Rated PG13." Thank you.