Thursday, October 11, 2012

The UN has declared today to be "International Day of the Girl Child."

And if anyone is interested or cares, I approve. Something I don't usually do when it comes to the UN.

"On December 19, 2011, the United Nations General Assembly adopted Resolution 66/170 to declare October 11 as the International Day of the Girl Child, to recognize girls’ rights and the unique challenges girls face around the world."


The theme for 2012 is "Ending Child Marriage." I approve of that, too.

My wife and I were blessed with two girls. Raising daughters is pure hell for a guy. Our built-in maleness, the thing that played a really big part in us getting married, gets turned all catty-wampus! We know all the stuff that runs around in every other male's head. It's frequently generated/fueled by testosterone. And now, one of the most precious things in our lives... well, I think you know where I'm heading so I'll stop now.

There are more than a few songs about Daddies and their daughters. I don't recall hearing a single one I didn't like or couldn't, in some way, relate to. Another song I like, about girls, was written by an old high school buddy.




Besides bringing something to your attention that I think is a nice idea and, at the same time getting to take a poke at an organization that is probably more screwed up than our Federal Government, I'd like to mention that this is my 100th post.

Making note of reaching mile markers along a blogger's journey through the Blogosphere seems to be a "requirement" for those who blog. I don't know if there's an Official Rule Book for Bloggers" or not. I've looked and can't find one. I've seen something referred to as "Rule 5," but that's the only number I've found. Without going into detail, "Rule 5" has to do with NSFW. Or close to it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice! Libelous, derogatory and inflammatory comments will be deleted and the poster will be banned. And keep in mind the possibility your language may be offensive to tender ears. We try to keep things "Rated PG13." Thank you.